Online Business of Beauty and Wellness Products: Digital Marketing Tool, Marketing Analysis Report, Dashboard-Case StudySadaf Abbas
Online Business of Beauty and Wellness Products: Digital Marketing Tool, Marketing Analysis Report, Dashboard-Case Study
This case study concerns a beauty and gut health products manufacturing company founded in 2014. The client wanted Oak Business Consultants to create a “Digital Marketing Analytics Tool” to track their online marketing activities. They wanted us to develop a time-efficient technique to help them collect and analyze the digital marketing data to enable them to devise effective marketing strategies.
In this case study, we will explain the challenges we faced while creating this marketing analytics tool, the different online platforms that we used to gather data and the final products that we presented to our client.
- We were not able to extract the entire marketing data required, as per the KPIs defined, at a single platform, so we had to use different sources:
- Client’s Financial Statements
- Google Analytics
- All of the critical marketing KPIs that were essential to understanding marketing performance were not readily available in the datasets obtained from these platforms; hence our team had to calculate many.
- One of the main challenges was to combine three different sources of marketing analytics, company website, marketing applications and google analytics, together to provide the client with a comprehensive overview.
- The client requested for the data in marketing analytics sheets to update daily as all of the marketing figures fluctuates daily.
- A challenge for our team was to explain the marketing KPIs mentioned in the marketing analytics tool to the client in the form of a detailed marketing report and update it regularly.
- A complication for us was configuring the marketing data gathered from Google Analytics most coherently.
- Our team used google sheets to construct the marketing analytics tool in a manner that could be used as a link between different platforms to extract cumulative marketing figures.
- We explained the complete model of the marketing analysis tool comprehensively to the client.
- The challenge of changing figures and frequently updating data was resolved by formulating the cells of google sheets so that they were updated automatically on a daily basis, and these were reviewed by our team members as well.
- Our team conducted an in-depth study of all the KPIs relevant to the client’s marketing strategy. We also calculated the critical marketing KPIs with the help of the analytics tool and analyzed the results thoroughly.
- Our team prepares detailed marketing reports and communicates with the client on a monthly basis.
- Finally, our team presented the entire results obtained through the marketing analysis tool in the form of visual representations by linking the marketing analytics tool and google data studio for interactive dashboards.
In order to design the marketing analysis tool, the first step is to follow the client’s marketing strategy. The client’s marketing team was using various tools to increase the traffic on the company website and boost sales. Some of them are as follows:
- Referral marketing
- Organic marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- CPC campaigns
- Email marketing
- The Web
They were also using two external digital marketing platforms to assist their marketing efforts. This overview of the marketing strategy gave our team a direction to design the marketing analysis tool and shortlist the sources of data.
Digital Marketing Tool
This Case study focuses on a digital marketing tool, a cutting-edge solution to help streamline marketing strategy and make more efficient and cost-effective strategies. Many businesses today are turning to digital marketing analytics tools as a comprehensive solution for their online marketing needs, from budget allocation to creating brand awareness and increasing their sales.
Oak Business Consultant is a leading provider of business consultancy, equipped with all the expertise to provide adaptable marketing analytics solutions designed to fit your business’s industry-specific needs. Moreover, with extensive experience working with digital connectors, our expert team of developers can customize a solution that meets your unique business requirements and provides the tools you need to stay ahead of the competition.
The following are the characteristics of the Digital Marketing Tool:
Company Financials and CRM Reports, Google Analytics, Klaviyo, Shopify, Facebook
The main purpose of this KPI is to find out the total traffic on the website, including segmentation based on the medium that generated this traffic. These mediums include referrals, social media, web, email etc. the total traffic is further segmented based on the new and returning users.
This sheet gives a detailed date-wise view of the total number of users visiting the website. The users are further characterized as new and returning users.
This sheet gives the number of transactions on the website per day. It shows the daily figures for total purchases made by the customers.
This sheet has been created to analyze the separate pages on the website. It shows the cumulative number of views on the website and the number of pages visited per session. On average, around 3 pages were viewed per session.
This sheet tracks the number of times the company ad appears for the users on the web, which was around 23,000 per day.
Sessions per user:
The number of times each user visits the company website is generated daily; the average sessions per user were between 1 and 2.
This sheet contains the consolidated numerical data for each of the KPIs. Some of these KPIs are automatically extracted from sources, while the others were calculated by our team. It consists of data related to user activity, marketing costs, total conversions, customer value, profit and sales based on marketing and leads from campaigns.
Following are the significant KPIs configured by our team to be calculated on a daily basis:
- Lead Response rate
- Cost per Lead
- Cost per Conversion
- Average Conversion Time
- Retention Rate
- Attrition rate
- Churn Rate
- CAC: CLV
- Click-through rate
- Average Revenue per Customer
- Basket Size Analysis
- Gross profit per Item Sold
Similarly, a number of variables were defined and calculated on the basis of in-depth research done by our team. This enabled us to understand customer behavior, customer value for the company and the return on marketing investment in the most conclusive manner.
This sheet was designed specifically to understand customer attributes. To calculate total orders by each customer, their lifetime value (CLV), the sale price of their purchase and the average order value on a daily basis. Hence, this sheet is essential for inferring a customer’s buying behavior.
Klaviyo is a marketing automation platform that assists our client’s digital marketing needs. In addition to providing marketing services, they also provide the companies with detailed customer data. Hence, our team was able to extract valuable insights from this platform as well, and all the figures were gathered in a single sheet on a monthly basis. The important KPIs present in this dataset are as follows:
- Cart Abandonment Rate
- Bounce Rate
- Click-through Rate
- Revenue per Recipient
- Placed Order Rate
- Complaint Rate
- Unsubscribe Rate
- Email Open Rate
Moreover, the report generated from this source also rated the business performance as excellent, good, fair and poor based on all these metrics.
Shopify Sales Report:
Shopify is an e-commerce website where companies can sell their products to end customers. Since our client is using this platform to sell their products, our team also gathered data from the sales report provided by them. Some of the elements of this dataset were:
- Total number of orders
- Discount Amount
- Value of Returns
- Shipping Costs
- Average Order Value
This dataset was automatically updated on the tool on a daily basis.
Our team also conducted a detailed cost-benefit analysis of the client’s marketing strategy with the help of a Profit and Loss summary provided by them to decipher the cost-effectiveness of the marketing strategy. Besides, one main component of this analysis was the marketing cost segmentation that helped us pinpoint the least to most cost-efficient areas.
Digital Marketing Report
The digital marketing document provides a detailed synopsis of our entire digital marketing tool and the results obtained from it. It also includes highlights from each section of the marketing metrics. The information is based on the current data from our tool, data analytics, and google trends. Our team used logic and graphical representations to determine the marketing performance trends for the client. Moreover, we conducted meticulous research regarding the market benchmarks for all KPIs to assess the client’s marketing performance.
The report summarizes the results from the marketing analysis tool to show the progression in clients’ market penetration and the efficacy of their marketing strategy based on numbers and KPIs. Additionally, the report provides a comparative analysis with commentary by our experts. The main purpose of compiling this report is to interpret all KPIs and their trends for the client in simplified terms. Thus, enables the client to structure the perfect marketing strategy to expand their customer base.
Digital Marketing Dashboard
In order to facilitate the client and to illustrate the results in the most efficient manner, our team prepared interactive reports in the form of dashboards. Our vigilant team came up with well-organized visualizations based on diagnostic techniques to summarize the results for the client. The goal behind preparing these informative dashboards is to notify the client about the changes in KPIs based on different marketing campaigns employed.
The following three dashboards are designed to communicate exhaustive reports to the client:
- Google Data Studio Dashboard
- Digital Marketing Tool Dashboard
- Klaviyo Dashboard
In a nutshell, we make all these efforts based on the client’s demand to help them consolidate digital marketing data in one place, analyze it effectively and devise a profitable digital marketing strategy. Our consultants did everything possible to make the model dynamic using complex formulas just to create ease for the client.
The solution offered to the client consisted of three products; a digital marketing analysis tool, an interactive dashboard and a comprehensive report. With our industry expertise and innovative approaches, we believe that we can help maximize ROI for clients’ marketing strategies, increase brand awareness and increase market share in the long term. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business succeed.